Did you know that the Oxford Dictionary updated the definition of the the following words?
Why not read on ——————
* Divorce : Future tense of marriage.
* Cigarette : A pinch of tobacco rolled in paper with fire at one end & a fool on the other.
* Lecture : An art of transferring information from the notes of the lecturer to the notes of the students without pa*sing through “the minds of either”
* Conference : The confusion of one man multiplied by the number present.
* Compromise : The art of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he got the biggest Piece.
* Tears : The hydraulic force by which masculine will-power is defeated by feminine water power.
* Dictionary : A place where success comes before work.
* Conference Room : A place where everybody talks, nobody listens and everybody disagrees later on.
* Cla*sic : A book which people praise, but do not read.
* Smile : A curve that can set a lot of things straight.
* Office : A place where you can relax after your strenuous home life.
* Yawn : The only time some married men ever get to open their mouth.
* Etc. : A sign to make others believe that you know more than you actually do.
* Committee : Individuals who can do nothing individually and sit to decide that nothing can be done together.
* Experience : The name men give to their mistakes.
* Atom Bomb : An invention to end all inventions.
* Philosopher : A fool who torments himself during life, to be spoken of when dead.
* Diplomat : A person who tells you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
* Opportunist : A person who starts taking a bath if he accidentally falls into a river.
* Optimist : A person who while falling from Eiffel tower says in midway, “See I am not injured yet.”
* Miser : A person who lives poor so that he can die rich.
* Father : A banker provided by nature.
* Criminal : A guy no different from the rest….except that he got caught.
* Boss : Someone who is early when you are late and late when you are early.
* Politician : One who shakes your hand before elections and your Confidence after.
* Doctor : A person who kills your ills by pills, and kills you with his bills.
Health Benefits of Laughter
You may have heard that laughter is the best medicine. However, have you ever thought about it or not? Well, laughing and smiling are infectious. Looking at someone and exchanging a smile can make you reciprocate naturally, despite having a rough day. While only a few people out there know the fact that laughter is good for your health. It doesn't only make you feel good but can be a good cure for the blues.
Top 10 health benefits of laughter
To bring more laughter into your life, let's have a look at the key health benefits of laughter below.1. Tone muscles and burn calories
Healthy laughter can help in burning calories. Even more, laughter also acts as a cheat sheet when it comes to getting a toned stomach. Most importantly, laughing for 10 to 15 minutes can let you burn up to 40 calories. It means watching a 90-minute comic movie can help you to burn up to 240 calories with ease.2. Reduce anxiety and depression
Laughter can let you relax your entire body. Even more, it can bring tons of benefits to your mental health as well. A good laughter time will not only let you have some joy, but it can also let you relive the feelings of stress, fear, and depression effectively. Laughing can also improve your mood and bring optimistic, positive feelings with ease.3. Let you sleep sound
Is the last show you watched before sleep is from a comic genre? Then, you have higher chances of getting a peaceful sleep. It is because laughter's good bout before sleeping can reduce anxiety. It can also relax your muscles and help you to have a better sleep quality with ease. It is important after spending a long and hectic day.4. Improve blood circulation and flow
University of Maryland researchers have found that laughter can improve your blood vessels' health. It can boost their function and cause your blood vessels to expand and dilate. This situation will play a vital role in improving your blood flow and circulation effectively. So, overall, laughter is important to maintain the best level of endothelium.5. Boost immune system
Laughter can increase antibody-producing cells in your body. It can also enhance T-cells' effectiveness. Consequently, this will reduce the risks of getting cough and the common cold. As it can help improve the immune system, the strong immune system will ultimately keep the infections and allergies at bay. Even more, laughter can reduce negative thoughts that can impact your immune system. Due to this, a happier person is capable of fighting diseases more than others. It is because he is always in the right mind frame, and his immune system will be in a stress-free zone. Consequently, it will improve your overall health.6. Enhanced respiration
Have you felt a sense of relief and relaxation after laughter? It is because laughing involves deep exhalation. It will, in return, lower your blood pressure and lead you to a calmer state. Like deep breathing, laughing can also offer you a cleansing effect that is beneficial for respiratory ailments.7. Ease physical pain
Have you ever thought about how laughter can aid in easing your pain? Well, when you laugh, your muscles move. This muscle movement will expand your blood vessels and send more blood to parts of your body. Even more, the breathing rate also increases and oxygen level in your blood, therefore. So, healthy laughter is always the best way to ease pain naturally and effortlessly.8. Improve memory recall
Scientists at the Loma Linda University have found that laughter can improve learning and memory. It can also reduce cortisol levels as well in your body. Cortisol is a stress hormone that can impact your mind and body negatively. However, laughter can counteract these effects with ease.9. Protect your heart health
A good laugh can do wonders to improve blood circulation and flow in your body. Even more, it impacts oxygenation as well positively. Also, laughing can boost your heart rate and oxygen consumption immediately and effortlessly. Consequently, this can help in reducing cardiovascular diseases, improving heart health and respiration system.10. Work as a stress buster.
With every laugh, your face features send a signal to the brain. This signal will help in relieving the endorphins. It will act as a pain killer, reduce stress, and make you feel happy.Overall, laughter therapy is highly effective in enjoying various health benefits in life. Make sure to have it daily.